Thursday, July 06, 2006

Oh Say can you see?!



Happy Fourth of July!!!! Celebrating Independence day in Japan is a little different since they don't have the holiday here. I did try to wear red and white and blue all day to celebrate. Then that night Kristen and I had bought fireworks and invited Jonas and Jason over to do them. In Japan it is illegal to do fireworks anywhere, but on the beach, so at 10 pm we traveled to ichinomiya park to light off fireworks. Too bad it started to rain so we had to hold our umbrellas over out head in order to light the fireworks. It was also like 10:30 at night, so it was really dark and hard to see. The fireworks ended up all being kind of stupid. They were all the same color and type. We did have fun with all the sparklers though and even wrote our names with them. I have fun videos of the whole thing and a few cute pictures. I did make a Fourth of July cake with my kids in Homestay the next day as well as Fourth of July hats. They called it the birthday of America. I guess that is the easiest way to explain it to them. We also did sparklers with them at a local park. The kids loved it and I got some really cool pictures. So I guess I figured out a way to celebrate in my own way!! HAPPY INDEPENDENCE DAY!!

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?