Thursday, June 01, 2006

Ichimomiya Itai (OUCH)

Kristen took few days off to go to Okinawa, so I took the opportunity to hit up the beach. Beaches here are not like they are in the states. They are smaller and actually don't have very many attractions (stores, amusement parks ect.). It think this may be due to the fact that the whole country is an island and I live on one of the smaller ones. Maybe in bigger cities they have have things like that. But nonetheless, it was still enjoyable to spend a day there (or about 3 hours). I even got brave and went into the water, which was really warm. It felt good to be swimming again and the water is pretty clear so you can see the bottom if it is about 4 feet down, no more. The only problem is I forgot to take pictures. And I forgot the sunscreen.

Itai means ouch in Japanese and that is exactly how this feels. This, believe it or not, is 3 days later and looking 2 times better. I keep myself pretty stocked up on ib profen and finally bought some aloe vera. I think for the the 3 time in my life I got sun poisoing, as Monday night I was physically sick and couldn't even walk or move. I am a smart one. But if anyone tries to tell me that I didn't go, here is the proof. So, the moral of the story is, DON'T FORGET THE SUNBLOCK!!!


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?