Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Swans Anyone?!





I took a two day trip to Fukuoka to go to the temple and do a little sightseeing. It was great. We had a week vacation here called Golden week. Basically there is a national Holiday on April 29th for the last Emperor's birthday, then a holiday on May 3rd for Constitution day, and then another one on May 5th for Children's day. Because the 3rd and 5th are national holidays, they mad eth 4th one too, but for no good reason. It is a fake holiday. Then on top of that, becuase of the 29th, they basically let people off of work for a week. No complaints on my part!! I loved it. These pictures were taken at a park near my hotel. I got to go to the Art Museum there as well and see some Monet and Renoir. A bit small compared to The National Museum of Art in Washington D.C. that I am used to going to. Anyway, the best part was getting to ride in a little swan paddle boat. I have never taken one before and since these ones were cute swans I couldn't resist. I must have looked pretty funny all by myself and being a gaijin (foriegner). But I am sure I looked even funnier when I got bored and started paddling backwards. It was a fun day and I got a lot of sun. What more could you ask for than swan paddle boats?!

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?