Monday, May 01, 2006

I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think so!!









You know you are turning Japanese when you buy a Kimono and acutally wear it. I wore this one to a tea ceremony (I didn't drink the tea. Don't worry) and then to church. The second picture is of a bunch of people from my branch. They totally accept us as one of them. Even Colonel Sanders (the trademark of KFC) has turned Japanese becoming the first Colonel Samurai ever. These papers were Kira's, Jessica's, Kristen's, and my attempt at Japanese calligraphy. I got pretty good at the end. I am thinking of taking it up for real. How could you go to Japan and not do Karaoke. Kristen and I were rockin' it!! This is a typical Japanese car and one we drive for school. It fits one and a half people. Literally. Japan makes you crazy as I have turned trying to do the pillowcase dance with Japanese supplies. I had the biggest head ever. This is where we get to relieve ourselves. Yes, it is built into the ground. We affectionately call it the squatter. Finally, it wouldn't be Japan if you didn't have anime drawn on everything including your trains. This one happens to be the anime of a man who has a doughnut type head filled with anco (a sweet red bean here) and whenever anyone in the anime is starving, he offers them his head to eat. Strange, but the kids love it. Its called Anpanman. Gotta love Japan.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?