Monday, May 01, 2006

Food for Thought




Since so many people are curious if I starve here in Japan, I thought I would include a few pictures of the fun things we get to eat here. The first one has tempura and udon in it. Tempura is basically any type of meat you want (including fish) battered and deep fried. Udon is a type of noddle they have that gets really fat when you cook it and they put it in a soup (usually with a really fishy taste). My meal also came with some pickeled vegetables, rice, and salad (made purely out of cabage). The meal in front of my roommate believe it or not was our breakfast in Hiroshima. It is a soup called mizu soup (kind a herby soup. I don't really like it) and rice balls called onigirui (they are covered with sesame seeds and something else. It kind of tasted like bird seed). Definitely something different for breakfast.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?